Volunteer and Donation Opportunities
The Animal Shelter is currently accepting applications for volunteers. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please call 972-218-1210. Volunteers make the difference. The Lancaster Animal Shelter accepts donations of pet supplies. Come and visit the Lancaster Animal Shelter and meet some of the wonderful pets ready for adoption.
About Animal Services
Animal Services is responsible for:
- Capturing and housing animals found at large or abandoned
- Enforcing city ordinances and state laws that pertain to the ownership, vaccination, housing, and care of animals within the city
- Maintaining and promoting an adoption / rescue program
There is no guarantee that an animal will go up for adoption. Evaluation of an animal for adoption can take up to several days.
We also hold animals for a variety of other reasons. Due to the nature of some of these situations, we cannot give out information as to why an animal is not available for adoption.
Volunteers are always needed to help care for the pets in the shelter and for special events throughout the year. Click here for the volunteer application. Return the completed application to 700 E. Main Street, Lancaster, TX 75146 or via email to Please make sure to provide a copy of your drivers license along with your completed application.
The City of Lancaster Animal Shelter does not provide medical attention to any animal. If your pet is sick, you will need to contact a veterinarian for assistance.
- Rogers Wildlife Rehab (Birds) 972-225-4000
- Hutchins Shelter 972-225-2225
- Wilmer Shelter 972-441-3222
- Dallas County (Livestock Welfare) 214-819-2115
- Dallas County Sheriff 972-225-6118
- Dallas Snake Removal 214-974-0915
- Home Again 888-466-3242
- 24 Pet Watch 866-597-2424
- AVID (9 Digits) 800-336-2843
- City of Dallas (for rabies tags) 214-670-8246
- AKC Reunite 800-252-7894